Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus!!

Merry Christmas from our house to yours! I do hope and pray that you had a fun and memorable Christmas today. The five of us had a nice celebration together and tomorrow we will be with Arte's family celebrating.






















This is a photo of us on the night of our Christmas party. It was such a great time and I'm so glad that the friends of ours who were able to find time to come, joined us in making some awesome memories together. We were truly blessed!





















A few more photos about sums it up. Food, friends and fun! I truly have been reminded this season why it's so important to set things aside and take the time to focus on being 'together.' One of our friends who was just at the party a few days ago, passed away this early Christmas morning. It all happened so fast. We are still in shock.

Please pray for his wife, Patty and family. I can't imagine how difficult this holiday season will be for them. I trust and know that the Lord will comfort them and that His goodness will shine through this situation as it always does.

I'm hugging my family a few extra times and hour and thanking God for my many blessings. This is such a reminder to me, that every day is a gift and that each person in our life is also a gift. Thank you God for the greatest gift of all, your son, Jesus.

My children will grow up with memories of singing Happy Birthday to Jesus on this day. I want them to really understand the heart of giving and not just receiving. They sure had fun receiving today, though. Don't get me wrong!





















Aside from the news, it was as Kelsey said 'the best Christmas ever.' Arte was able to get a shot of our tree. Had I knew of his secret 'Canon' knowledge, I would have snapped this one before the tree started to droop! Of course, I've been all over, on line trying to figure out how to get the settings right. Guess I should have just asked him!

I also wanted to share one quick photo of last Sunday. The kids did a little Christmas program. See the little girl in the red dress? Or should I say, see the little red dress? There's a cute little girl behind that program pretending to read the words and sing. I'm not sure who it is though. Can't be our Kelsey because we have NEVER seen her with a shy bone in our body...hmmm. Then there's the gorgeous lil' hunk next to her in the suite who seems to think he has the words memorized. Who needs programs anyway??





















One last thing. I said I'd have the winner of the RAK drawn tonight and the random generator picked.......................Amy Jo! Send me your addy and I'll get some pop dots and goodies in the mail to ya!

Merry Christmas and may the Lord bless your New Year too!

1 comment:

Staci Taylor said...

What wonderful photos, Julie - i'm so glad you had a great christmas!! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails