Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Quick Card Set

I was sitting in church on Sunday when the Lord put several different people on my heart to get in touch with this week. Sometimes, when I substitute teach as much as I have been lately, I start to feel out of touch with the needs of the woman in our church. Dh spoke such a great message reminding us about how much we need each other. Of course, I want to encourage as many people as I can and sometimes being an artist and a perfectist I get caught up in, 'well....I need to make them a really nice card and then I'll send them a hello.' The truth is, most people would be happy to get a scrap piece of paper that said, 'I'm thinking of you.' LOL

So, in the middle of trying to get my monthly assigments done (that I can't share anyway...LOL) I decided to put together a quick set of cards that I could mail out today. Now, normally I would like much more detail ect. But sometimes it's just the heart that matters. So, I'll be spending more time on what is inside than what is on the outside.

I did use a fun technique. I took my Spellbinders S5-004 Sunflower Garden Frameability flower and ran it through my Wizard on some Sookwang double sided adhesive (new fav.) On some of the card I used the actual flower adhesive to apply the glitter and then I used the backing as a mask on some of the other cards. I created this affect by laying down a sheet of sticky adhesive and then laying the flower down. I applied the first color of glitter and then lifted the flower. Now I have an outline of the flower that is still the adhesive from the original sticky sheet. So, I applied the second color of glitter. Clear as mud right? Some day I hope to do a tutorial. It sounds confusing but it went quite quickly and when you are basically doing the same thing to each flower, it's not too bad. I finished these in just over an hour. I wish you could see in real life just how glittery these are. I'm really loving this technique.

















I hope it has been a bit of inspiration to you! I need to get working on my monthly assignments.

I also wanted to mention that the winner of my previous give-away has not contacted me. I've tried to find a way to get in touch with her but, no luck. So, Cathy please contact me in the next 24 hours or I will need to choose a new winner.

Blessigns on your Tuesday!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh very cute cards. Love that sook wang eh!Nice touch with the sewing and the buttons. NICE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails