Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

My family wanted to wish all of you and yours a very Merry Christmas as we celebrate our Savior’s birth! 

Overby's

Such an exciting time!  We are ready, plates of goodies are assembled and passed out…..oh…..there are stories with that one!  I must journal on a layout about it!  Let’s just say….better packaging next year.  ; ) 

IMG_3885

This has been such a special month.  I can’t help but to blog about how proud I am of this lil’ man!  My first born.  **gasp** I honestly don’t know where the time has gone!  He is loving his new school and all the demands of it being a magnet school.  He especially loves the band he is apart of and they had recently had their first concert.  It was mostly Christmas songs and they such a fantastic job!

Band Concert

Here he is at their piano recital right before his turn.  I love the look.  Raw emotion; nerves, excitement, confidence.

AJ

The most meaningful and memorable event was a week and a half ago at our Sunday morning service.  He had been asking for quite some time about when he get water baptized.  We knew that when he had a full understanding of what it meant and when he felt ready, he would bring it up all on his own.  He has come to know what it is to have a real relationship with Jesus and to have a Heavenly Father who loves him so much, no matter what.  You can imagine how excited I was when I heard that he wanted to proclaim that to the world through water baptism.  I know that God has an amazing plan for his life and I love watching it unfold.  Look how pleased he is in this photo!  Like….  ‘I finally get to do this!’ 

AJ

This kid is phenomenal.    We are so truly blessed.  What an honor for Arte to get to baptize his own son.  I was playing the piano with the rest of the team, bawling my eyes out!  You could feel such a strong presence of the Holy Spirit.  The entire service was such a powerful one……I will never, ever forget it!

It seems as though I don’t get as many layouts done with the documentation of my photos and memories.  I’m thinking that is partially why I love to blog.  Getting my thoughts and memories down just in case I don’t quite get that page scrapped!  LOL 

I wanted to announce the winner of the Give-away from a few posts back.  If I can get your addy in time, I will try to get this in the mail before Christmas.

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

1


Timestamp: 2010-12-23 16:03:04 UTC



I am amazed at the times that Random Generator chooses 1!  That means Leigh…you are the winner!  Congrats!  Email your addy to me at julieoverby@peak.org  Have a fabulous Christmas my friends!

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I actually thought when I left the first comment: "What are my odds of winning!" Apparently, the same as everyone else! LOL!
Love the story of your son's baptism, Julie! Hwo alike our boys are! Austin asked last year to be baptized, but our church wants him to wait until he's twelve. Of course, that means come spring, he'll be ready. :)
Merry Christmas, my friend!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Merry Christmas, Julie! May God continue to bless you and your family with joy and peace!
Christmas hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey great post. Thought I'm not sure I agree with you 100%. Keep em coming. Are you interested in having anyone guest post opposing views?

Valerie said...

Love that picture of Arte and AJ. And your plates of goodies look amazing. Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing some great lo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails