Monday, November 5, 2012

Baby...it's cold outside!


Hey everyone!  I can't believe that I actually saw the first snowfall in October this year!  Although not enough to play in, I'm sure we will be knee deep in fun shortly!  This layout is from when my daughter had her first time playing in deep snow.  I wanted to create lots of fun snowflakes that brought out the design in her coat and that caught the feeling of the moment.


My first set of snowflakes were done by using Spellbinder die templates and cutting out Donna Salazar paper from the Botanique collection.  It already had beautiful glitter on it so I just place my dies on that section and cut them out.

The second set of snowflakes, I used a punch and then added my own glitter using a glue gloss adhesive and Fairy dust glitter.


I cut out a Label Die template for my journaling and decorative pink circle as a base for the photos.
Finishing it off with glittery alphabet stickers gave it the last 'cold' touch.


Supplies:  Botanique - Magical #1714, Comfy #1709; Storybook - Chalkboard #1737
Other:  American Crafts Alphabet Stickers; Spellbinders Die Templates; Want2Scrap pearls; Clearsnap Fairy Dust Glitter

Thanks for stopping by!  Bundle up and stay warm!

Julie Overby GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal 

3 comments:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a sweet layout! My daughters have that same Brown snowflake coat from Gymboree and it has inspired a few layouts in similar color schemes. ;)

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Oh I just love this layout Julie! Your little girl is so beautiful. Gorgeous pictures of her. hugs

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a pretty layout Julie! I love that snowflakes!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails